The hygiene directives of the beauticians' code of HAM are applied at the institute Palais des Cosmétiques. The treatment rooms are cleaned after every treatment, the linens are replaced and the work surfaces are cleaned. All instruments are cleaned, replaced and/or disinfected.
We operate according to a number of strict general rules within our institute:
- Under no circumstances will there be smoking in our beauty institute
- Pets are not allowed in the treatment room except for guide dogs
- Materials and instruments are disinfected and if required sterilized after single use
- Surfaces, equipment or other, possible contaminated materials will be disinfected after every treatment
- In the interest of the health of the customers and the specialists in case of contraindications: contagious (skin)diseases, cold/cold sore, you can not be treated in our institute and we will be forced to reschedule the appointment
- Waste containers are within reach during activities and placed in such way the waste can not go over clean materials. This applies to all treatments within our institute
- The sanitary facilities are cleaned on a daily basis. This is registered like all other cleaning duties with a signed cleaning list.
Not only do we apply strict protocols concerning the hygiene policy of the institute, but also our specialists are expected to wear clean company clothing daily and the wearing of rings, bracelets or wrist watches is prohibited during working activities.
Our specialists are expected to:
- Have clipped and clean nails and if varnished only with a glossy varnish or it should be without defects
- The hair of our specialists is tied together or short and should always be clean
- Have a fresh oral hygiene
In the interests of the customer and the specialists a number of items are matter of course
- When in contact with blood, pus and wound fluids or when the skin is not intact gloves and face masks will always be used for the safety and health of our specialists
- If the customers has received chemotherapy less than 7 days prior to treatment gloves are always used
- Wounds and other skin lesions on the hands of specialists are always covered with plasters, even if gloves are used
- Gloves are only worn during treatment and are disposed of inside-out in the waste bin after the treatment. Contact with surrounding materials will be avoided.
- Hands will be cleaned or disinfected before every treatment
- After a bathroom visit, blowing a nose, coughing and sneezing the hands are always disinfected thoroughly
- During cleaning activities household gloves will be worn to protect the skin from cleaning products.
The gloves we use within our institute are hypoallergenic and for single use.
The hands of the specialist are always cleaned or disinfected before and in between touching surrounding materials during the treatment.
To protect the hair of the customer disposable hair caps are used or during exceptional treatments by towels that are deposited in the laundry basket after the treatment.
After a treatment we always close by discarding used cotton, tissues, gloves, gauzes en other used/waste materials in the waste basket, linen, hand and compress cloths in the laundry basket and by cleaning and disinfecting instruments and materials. Needles will be deposited in the needle container after deep cleansing.
To remove a product out of a jar or tube, we use a stainless steel instrument or a disposable instrument. The cosmetic product will remain active for a longer period and free of micro organisms.
From a hygiene standpoint we ask the customer to remove his or her jewelery. If the hands and wrists are free of jewelery the customer can wash his or her hands with the liquid hand soap. The hands of the specialist are cleansed before the treatment and disinfected with the liquid hand soap and therefore free from dirt and bacteria. Hands of the customer and of the specialist will be disinfected additionally prior to the treatment with an anti-septic hand washing gel that will remove 99% of the bacteria on the hands. Files will also be disinfected after use with a liquid disinfectant or can, if the customer prefers, be purchased new in our institute.
The necks and brushes of the nail polish bottles are cleaned regularly with our special nail polish remover.
The pedicure treatments are executed in a separate booth with all instruments, materials and equipment in a safe and hygienic fashion. With every new customer we use clean linen, disinfected materials, new gloves and a mouth cap. Prior to the treatment the feet of the customer are always cleaned with a disinfectant. If there is a fungal infection present on the skin of the feet we unfortunately can not treat them.
All materials and instruments are cleaned and disinfected in alcohol after the treatment and the ultrasonic. At the end of the day they are disinfected and sterilized according to a fixed routine listed under: cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing of instruments.
The pedicure area is vacuumed, mopped and cleaned on a daily basis.
For the effective treatment of acne it is of the utmost importance the location is hygienic at all times. For the emptying of pustules we use a new, sterile needle every time, which is disposed of in the needle container direct after use. Tissues and other materials that have been in contact with pus, blood and/or wound fluids will be replaced directly by clean materials. During the acne treatments specialists will wear gloves and a mouth cap to personal preference.
We perform hair removal in a safe and orderly fashion. The skin will be inspected prior to the treatment and disinfected. We do not perform wax treatments on a damaged skin. The temperature of the wax is always monitored before application. While waxing the bikini line and armpits a new spatula is used after every application and for waxing of the legs, back, chest and arms a metal spatula is used that will be cleaned after every customer and disinfected.
All used cotton, spatulas, tissues, wax strips and disposable wax rollers will be deposited in another area and in a separate waste container after the treatment, which is not present in the treatment room.
In the execution of a Brazilian wax gloves are worn at all times and after every application a new spatula is used. The used linen will be deposited in the laundry basket after the treatment and the work area will be cleaned and disinfected.
Brushes and bristles will be cleaned and disinfected using a special brush cleaner after every make-up treatment. This will clean all make-up residue of the brushes and bristles, so we can apply make-up to your recently cleaned and nourished skin in a hygienic fashion.
Cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing of instruments
Used instruments, instruments that have dropped on the floor and instruments prepped for use, but not used during the treatment are always regarded as contaminated in our institute and therefore kept strictly separate from cleansed and disinfected instruments.
If our specialist are not capable of cleaning of disinfecting the instruments directly during a treatment, they will we submerged in an inactivating liquid in a well sealable tray. After use of the inactivating liquid this liquid is rinsed with cold tap water and subsequently cleaned and disinfected.
At the end of every day the instruments are cleaned, disinfected and sterilized according to a fixed routine:
- All instruments are pre-cleaned in a large tray with alcohol liquid
- After inactivating the micro-organisms on the instruments they will be disinfected in an ultrasonic
- The last step we use to sterilize our instruments is the autoclave. With this device the instruments will be thoroughly sterilized using a combination of heating and high pressure.
This step-by-step plan will be performed in a separate cleaning and disinfection room.
Plastic storage bins are cleaned at least 1 time a week and disinfected. Instruments that are damaged, rusted or degraded will be disposed of immediately and no longer be used in the salon.